PICK UP AND DELIVERY
Do you offer customer pickup?
Do I have to be home when you deliver or pick up my rentals?
What happens if we are required to have everything out of a venue immediately after the event?
How strictly do you keep your schedule?
We pride ourselves on our punctuality. We will always deliver our units on time or early. We provide a 3 to 4 hour window for delivery. Please be sure to provide the most convenient number for us to be able to contact you on the date of the delivery. A second delivery charge will be applied if you are unavailable to take delivery after a delivery window has been agreed upon.
Set Up and Take Down
An adult must be present during the installation and take down of the equipment. Please note that our Drivers do not rearrange, move or clear customers’ belongings from front/back yards or driveways. Setting-up a single basic jumper can take approximately 20-30 minutes and interactive units 30-45 minutes per unit. Water units require a hose within range of setup; water must be turned off when unit is no longer in used.
An electrical outlet must be located within 75 feet of the setup as blowers for the inflatable units are powered by electricity. Adequate space must be available for the inflatable unit, which generally is 2-feet of unobstructed area all around the unit and the entrance. Access to the setup area must be unobstructed for a 3- to 5 foot wide dolly. We can provide a generator for an additional charge if electrical power is not accessible.
Customer must make sure setup site is ready, (lawns are mowed, vehicles/obstacles are out of the way, ANIMAL FECES ARE REMOVED, setup location is cleared) before the driver is scheduled to arrive. If the site is not ready or accessible when the driver arrives, the driver may need to reschedule your delivery at a later time (this is necessary so all Customers receive their rentals timely), in which case an additional delivery fee will be applied.
Please be ready to inform the driver of the existence of any underground utilities (phone lines, gas lines, septic system, etc.), that may interfere with the ability to stake and/or anchor equipment. Customer assumes responsibility for any damage to underground equipment or landscaping resulting from equipment installation.
Surface Set Up
Units can be setup on almost any surface (concrete, asphalt, grass and driveway or cul-de-sac), please specify and inform our customer service representative where you intend to place the unit. The area must be clear of any rocks, sticks, roots, etc that could puncture the bouncer. Also, if you have an in ground sprinkler system, make sure it is turned-off and the sprinkler heads are not engaged.
NO silly string, gum, drinks, food or other sticky substances is allowed in or around the inflatable units/equipment.
IF SILLY STRING IS USED ON THE UNIT IT WILL CAUSE THE UNIT TO BE DAMAGE BEYOND REPAIR AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE FIXED. THE UNIT WILL BE RUINED AND THE PERSON WHO RENTED THE EQUIPMENT AND PAID FOR THE RENTAL WILL BE CHARGED THE COST OF A NEW UNIT. THESE USUALLY START AT MINIMUM OF $2,000 FOR EVENT THE MOST SIMPLE AND BASIC UNIT.
DELIVERY, PICKUP, SETUP & TAKEDOWN INFORMATION
Delivery & Pickup services are available when arranged for in advance. Standard Delivery is curbside drop-off & pickup. Curbside includes deliveries to commercial docks, residential garages, or driveways. There are extra charges if delivery or pickup location is to a backyard, location has multiple doors, is in excess of 100 ft of vehicle, or is other than ground level (hills, fences, gates, elevator, or stairs). There are extra charges for deliveries made inside a home, in addition level charges will apply if there are more than 3-4 outside entry steps. It’s important to note that OSHA requires footwear at all times SHOES WILL NOT BE REMOVED (if arranged in advance booties may be used).
Check & COUNT ALL equipment on Delivery – because the equipment will be your responsibility!
Report any problems immediately to Chicagoland Event Rentals
Our delivery staff’s instructed to stack items in a mutually convenient place on delivery. KNOW WHERE EQUIPMENT IS GOING AND HAVE THE AREA PREPARED PRIOR TO OUR ARRIVAL! On pickup, all items must be folded, stacked, everything dry, clean, repacked in same containers & ready to go in same convenient place as delivery. Customers will be charged additionally for wait times, extra pickups, & for items not ready at pre-arranged time. Setup & takedown services are available for additional charges & prearranged.
If you’re not going to be on site for delivery (or pickup) we ask customers to call our office as soon as possible so delivery personnel will know where to leave (or pickup) equipment. Please provide ALL time restrictions at time of Reservation!
DELIVERY & PICKUP CHARGES
Providing DETAILED information in ADVANCE is IMPORTANT
Curbside/Dock Deliveries/Pickups made at our convenience during normal business hours (Mon-Fri) between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM are the least expensive (because we’re able create the most efficient route of ALL the days deliveries). The round-trip charge depends on the city being delivered to – call for a Quote. During busy season ANYTIME can be later than 7:00PM. Provide ALL time restrictions at time of Reservation!
We typically schedule everything as an ANYTIME Delivery & an ANYTIME Pickup. If you need a shorter window of time YOU can give us a call on BOTH the day of delivery & pickup, in the morning after 8:30 am, to inquire about approximate arrival times. We’ll have Route Sheets posted & can give you a shorter window of time (typically a 2-3 hour window). Call with date, time, & location DETAILS for BOTH Delivery & Pickup to get a price quote if you can not accommodate an ANYTIME delivery or pickup. There are EXTRA Charges for limited times & advance notice phone calls.
Approximate Additional Charges:
- Please note that all orders consisting of less than $150 of rental items must be picked up and returned to our office, no delivery is available.
- STANDARD DELIVERY AND PICK UP: Add $35-$250 for Delivery or Pickup (Sat-Sun)
- EARLY DELIVERY: Add $75-$200 for less than 4 hours before 9:00 AM or after 4:00pm (Mon-Fri)
- SUPER EARLY DELIVERY: Add $200-$400 for Delivery or Pickup more than 4 hours before 9:00 AM or after 4:00 PM (Mon-Fri)
- PICK UP
- LATE PICK UP: Add $75-$200 for less than 4 hours before 9:00 AM or after 4:00pm (Mon-Fri)
- SUPER LATE PICK UP: Add $200-$400 for Delivery or Pickup more than 4 hours before 9:00 AM or after 4:00 PM (Mon-Fri)
- OVERNIGHT PICK UP: We charge extra fee based on the pick up time for Delivery & Pickup between 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM
- Delivery & Pickups on Holidays & Holiday Weekends are EXTRA – call for a Quote
- Backyard Deliveries add a minimum of $25-$100
- Outdoor Winter Weather setup & takedown 20-50% EXTRA – call for details
Our normal & least expensive delivery & pickups are for curbside & scheduled as ANYTIME Mon-Fri between 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM (in June 8:00 AM to 7:00PM). If a SPECIFIC time; phone call, or if it’s on a weekend, before or after hours, are necessary ADDITIONAL CHARGES will apply. We typically require a minimum 2-3 hour window – there are extra fees if additional staff & vehicles are required when there are limited or exact time requests. Provide ALL time restrictions at time of Reservation!
Call our office to confirm rates – provide as many details for BOTH delivery & pickup regarding the location & time limits as possible.
Rental items will be stacked neatly at the building entrance closest to the back of our delivery truck. Items should be in same condition and location when our staff returns to pick up.
Deliveries that require extra handling beyond the building entrance, or if equipment is not stacked and ready for pick up will require an extra labor charge of at least $ 60.00 per man, per hour, billed in 30 minute increments. Most delivery and pick up teams are two people. This would result in a full hour charge if two people are billed the minimum rate of 30 minutes, even if it took them less time to handle the items.
Specific Time Service
Our least expensive delivery & pickup is if it can be curbside & made ANYTIME Mon-Fri at our convenience between 8:00 AM & 5:00 PM. If a phone call, SPECIFIC time, weekend, before 9:am or after 4:pm Mon-Fri, are necessary additional charges will apply. Call with date, time, & location DETAILS for a quote. Drivers are not expected to make phone calls until arrival – if you need a phone call prior to arrival, additional fees will apply.
What about stairs, elevators, and other obstacles?
Unless you specify otherwise & in advance, all deliveries & pickups are curbside, to a dock, garage, to immediate entrance of first floor locations, or outside areas that our trucks can easily access. We charge fees for long carries, non-curbside, non-1st floor, inside home, backyards, stairs, hills, etc. If we arrive to deliver or pickup & encounter stairs or limited access that were not communicated when the the order was confirmed, or if no one is present at the event location, our Drivers will call the office for instructions on how to proceed. Customers will be responsible for any additional charges necessary to address the situation including wait time fees.
Other Delivery/Pickup Details with Extra Charges:
- Is it a LONG CARRY? (more than 100′ from the Delivery Truck)
- Is it inside a HOME?
- Is it in a backyard?
- Are there HILLS? Gates? Fences?
- Are there HALLWAYS? How many DOORS?
- Are there STAIRS? How many? TURNS in the stairs?
- Is there a LOADING DOCK?
- Do we need to use an ELEVATOR? Is it a freight elevator? We need measurements for the elevator door & interior! Can the elevator be stopped for the entire delivery?
- If it’s a place of business what are the business HOURS for BOTH delivery & pickup?
- Provide ALL time restrictions for BOTH Delivery & Pickup to get an accurate Quote.
- For winter weather – parking lots, sidewalks, & driveway must be cleared in advance of our arrival.
- Do you want equipment SETUP or TAKEN DOWN? If yes please provide a detailed diagram.
- Deliveries or pickups arranged for less than 24 hours in advance are charged Last Minute fees & are not always available (this is because we load & create routes the day before)
- If the address provided is incorrect, the delivery may be late & be charged extra – VERIFY the address on your Reservation & MAKE SURE IT’S ACCURATE!
Call with these SPECIFIC DETAILS to get a Delivery quote for your location!
It’s important our staff take precautions when transporting equipment longer distances, because there’s more possibility for equipment to get damaged or cause injury to staff. Which is why we have charges for long carries.
Things that help delivery & pickup go quicker & best:
- Provide location details & a finished Layout PRIOR to delivery (prefer at least 3 days)
- Have site ready & clear BEFORE arrival of Chicagoland Event Rentals Staff
- Have site free of others trying to setup or takedown at the same time
- Have only one main contact person providing direction & have them readily available
- Tell us in advance ALL time restraints. For an additional fee if the setup or takedown time is limited, making it difficult for the normal number of staff to accomplish it in, you can pre-arrange a ‘Limited Time’ delivery &/or pick up where we double or triple the number of staff sent.
- Arrange for & communicate ALL details for BOTH delivery & pickup – it is not only about getting the equipment TO your event – it involves RETURNING the equipment as well.
We charge an additional 4.5% of Rental Charges on delivered equipment. The reasons for Handling Surcharge are:
- When we deliver equipment, we HANDLE equipment twice as much compared to Walk-In Customers. We load here, unload at site, carry to location and, on pickup re-load and unload again. That’s 4 times we handle equipment compared to 2 times for Walk-In Customers.
- When we deliver equipment, we COUNT equipment twice as much compared to Walk-In Customers. We count when we prepare order, we count a 2nd time as we load it onto our truck, we could a 3rd time as we unload at site (we also ask Customers to re-count), and on pickup we count again as we re-load onto our truck. That’s 4 times we count equipment compared to 2 times for Walk-In Customers. FYI: If Customers elect not to count equipment on Delivery, they will be charged for all shortages of missing equipment!
- The Delivery Charge covers the distance (regardless of how much equipment is ordered)whereas the Surcharge reflects the size & quantity of order (EX: delivery of 500 Tables is more than delivering only 5 Tables, which is reflected in Surcharge NOT the Delivery fee)
- The Surcharge is charged only once per order, even if order requires more than one vehicle.
- The Surcharge covers expenses of vehicle, maintenance, mileage, fluctuating fuel charges, insurance, and driving time.
- The Surcharge covers loading and unloading labor specific for that order. It has NOTHING to do with setup or takedown.
Delivery / Second Trips – What If I Forget To Order Something?
If you forgot to order an item & the delivery truck has already left our warehouse, we will make every effort to make a 2nd trip & accommodate your request however, a half delivery charge will apply for EACH additional delivery. Or if you come to pickup the additional equipment, we will pick everything up on return.
Setup & Takedown / Breakdown Charges
Setup & takedown services for equipment is available but for scheduling purposes must be prearranged! Setup charges are approximately 1.00 per table and .50-.75 per chair and breakdown is 1.00 per table and .50-.75 per chair. Installation of China, Linen, Skirting, basically most of our equipment is available but we ask you to call for a Quote. Some equipment includes setup & takedown (like Staging & larger Tents). If you own your own equipment & are looking for someone to set it up or take it down, we would be happy to provide you a Quote. Extra fees for Winter Weather Setup & Takedown.
Other Delivery Services
Other services include: moving equipment from one location to another; pickup from an address other than the delivery address; service calls; delivering items wrongly returned, or collecting items not returned. These services are priced individually depending on delivery schedules & labor availability. If you have any questions or require unique services, please feel free to give us a call!